What is Farm Mechanization?
Farm mechanization means the use of mechanical technology in various farming operation like sowing, harvesting, trashing, watering, spraying and weeding etc.
Types of Mechanization:
There are three types of agricultural mechanization.
Advantages of farm mechanization:
- chemical technology: It includes fertilizers, pesticides, sprays. which includes plant protection measures.
- hydrological technology: like tube-wells.
- Mechanical Technology: Like tractors, thrashers , bulldozers etc.
Why farm Mechanization is opposed:
- it encourages multiple cropping which is not possible by traditional methods.
- It will reduce dependence upon animal power.
- Diversion of land from growing fodder for animal to food crops.
- greater area comes under cultivation.
- There will be timely water supply and spraying etc.
- Cost of production of crops will be minimized.
- increase in income due to decrease in pre and post harvest losses.
- it will create farm unemployment
- the migration of labour from the mechanized farm sector to the cities create problems of urbanization.
- it will divert capital from non-agricultural sector to agriculture.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)